Soft, chewy & packed full of chocolate chips. A great dessert recipe, perfect for potlucks.
by Gina K. from Kleinworth & Co.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 31 minutes
Yields 28 cookies
Serving Size 1 Cookie
½ cup 1 stick butter - softened
½ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar and Stevia Sweetener Blend
1 cup applesauce
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1 12-oz bag dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In mixer bowl, combine butter & SPLENDA® Sugar and Stevia Sweetener Blend & eggs - beat well.
3. Add applesauce & beat until well combined.
4. Slowly add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Take tablespoon sized portions & lightly roll each into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool on pan for several minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.