A lighter spin on a classic Mexican Horchata.
by Arielle N. from Perspective Portions.
Serving Size about 8 fl. oz.
1 cup rice
½ cup slivered almonds
1 cinnamon stick
6 cups warm tap water
¼ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 cups cold water
1. Place rice, almonds, and cinnamon stick onto a baking sheet. Toast in a preheated oven (350ºF) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Transfer ingredients from baking sheet to a blender. Pour in warm water, making sure to leave enough room to blend the ingredients. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Vent the lid and cover with a kitchen towel before blending. Process until all the ingredients have been broken down.
3. Add SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, vanilla extract, and remaining water to the mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Stir and refrigerate overnight to 24 hours.
5. Place a nut milk bag into a pitcher or other large container. Remove the blender from the refrigerator. Stir before pouring into the bag to strain. Add 1-2 cups of additional water, to taste.
6. Chill and stir before serving over ice.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
Dietary Fiber 0g