Anyone can buy a coffee cup. Get D-I-Y with your M-U-G instead, and throw a Mug Decorating Party. Take a solid colored mug, decorate it using a food-safe ceramic marker, and bake it in a preheated oven at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Once it’s finished, fill your mug with this Hot Brown Sugar Tea recipe for a delicious and cozy treat.
Decorated Mug Instructions
1 non-toxic, water-based permanent paint pen
1 white oven safe, ceramic mug
- Decorate mug using permanent paint pen.
- Leave mug to dry for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake mug in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove mug from oven and allow to cool.
- Gently hand wash mug before use. Continue to hand wash mug, in order to preserve the custom design.
Hot Brown Sugar Tea Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 3
Serving Size: 8 fl oz
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 tea bags
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- Pour boiling water over tea bags into a teapot and cover. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Add SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and stir well. Add a splash of milk if desired.