Guten Tag! This German potato salad, inspired by our fan Roy S., is sure to fill you up and swaps full sugar for SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend.
German Potato Salad Inspired by Roy S.
Serving Size: ½ cup
- 3 ½ lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 stalks green onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- ¾ cup dark apple cider vinegar
- In a pot, boil potatoes with salt and pepper until almost fully cooked. While potatoes boil, prepare bacon by cutting into small pieces. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Prepare onions by slicing into fine strips. Add one third of the onion tops to potatoes. Set remainder aside.
- Prepare celery by splitting length wise into quarters and chopping. Add chopped leaf tops to potatoes.
- Cook bacon, remaining onion, and celery in a 10" skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whip eggs, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and dark apple cider vinegar until well blended. Then add to skillet mixture when bacon is cooked to a crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir often until mixture thickens (3-5 minutes).
- Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Mix twice more with five minutes in between mixing to ensure sauce is well-combined with potatoes.
- Serve warm.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Mix again before serving leftovers.