Say so long to slicing cherry tomatoes one by one. Instead, try this cooking hack: simply place them between two plates and cut through them horizontally with your knife. When placing the plate on top of the tomatoes, apply only enough pressure to keep the tomatoes in place; too much pressure and the tomatoes might explode! Give it a try in this Shrimp and Corn Salad with Basil recipe that calls for cherry tomatoes.
Shrimp and Corn Salad with Basil Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- ¾ cup minced red onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium size pan and saute corn and red onions until tender.
- Transfer corn mixture to a stainless bowl and add cut tomatoes and put aside.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, salt and basil in a small stainless bowl; toss with corn.
- Toss the shrimp, oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cook shrimp on an open face grill for 2 minutes on one side and turn-over for an additional minute. Place cooked shrimp into corn salad mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.