This is A-maize-ing! Here’s a quick and easy tip for when you’re putting together this Shrimp and Corn Salad. Swap out dealing
with all the husks and silks of fresh corn: simply microwave unshucked corn ear for 20 seconds on high, cut off the stalk end, and
shake it loose!
Kevin Rathbun’s Shrimp and Corn Salad with Basil Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- ¾ cup minced red onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium size pan and saute corn and red onions until tender.
- Transfer corn mixture to a stainless bowl and add cut tomatoes and put aside.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, salt and basil in a small stainless bowl;
toss with corn.
- Toss the shrimp, one tablespoon of olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cook shrimp on an open face grill for 2 minutes on one side and turn-over for an additional minute. Place cooked shrimp into
corn salad mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.