A delicious and light lemon cake for your next gathering.
by Susan M. from Wish Upon a Dish.
Yields one 8-inch cake; 10 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/10th of cake)
½ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
¼ cup nonfat dry milk
2 cups self-rising flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
¾ cup regular olive oil
1 cup 2% plain yogurt
2 eggs yolks
2 egg whites, whipped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the egg whites.
3. Using a hand or stand mixer whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold the whites into the rest of the batter using a large whisk with an under to over motion until there are no whites showing.
5. Spoon cake mixture into a greased ring tin and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the cake and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Invert to a cake stand or platter until if falls to the platter. If it still sticks, gently run a thin spatula around the outside of the cake until it loosens.
7. Top with thin slices of lemon or toasted almond slices.
Nutrition Info per Serving (1 slice; 1/10th of cake)
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
Dietary Fiber 0g