Tanya S.’ Smoky Sweet Popcorn
Recipe: Smoky Sweet Popcorn
- ¼ cup vegetables oil
- 2 Tbsp. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp. bbq seasoning (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add kernels to hot oil along with SPLENDA® Sweetener and brown sugar. Stir and place lid on the skillet.
- When a few kernels begin to pop, lift skillet and shake in a circular motion. Place skillet back on heat and allow a few more kernels to pop, then lift and swirl again. Continue this process until popping begins to slow.
- Remove saucepan from heat and pour popcorn into a large bowl. Sprinkle popcorn with salt and bbq seasoning to taste.