Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by swapping out your regular muffins for this Veggie Muffins recipe that swaps sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener. For an added swap, put away the food dye, and toss a few handfuls of fresh spinach into your juicer. Then add the juice to the batter to give these muffins a green hue. To really get into the holiday spirit, pair them with other green colored snacks, like pistachios.
Veggie Muffins Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Serving Size: 2 mini muffins
- 4 tablespoons light margarine
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup 1% fat milk
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup peeled and shredded carrot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cream margarine and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend together in a medium bowl using a hand mixer.
- Mix flours, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Add orange juice and milk. Mix until blended. Scrape sides of bowl. Add zucchini and carrots, mixing until just blended. Fill prepared muffin tins half full with batter. Bake 10 to 13 minutes. Remove muffins from pan. Cool on wire rack.